Montgomery County Health Dept.
604 S. Union, Coffeyville KS 67337
217 E Myrtle Independence, KS 67301
The 10 Essential Public Health Services
The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake and serve as the framework for the NPHPS instruments.
Public health systems should..
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The health department offers a variety of services to prevent disease, promote healthy lifestyle behaviors, and protect the community at large from communicable diseases. Our offices are open 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-5:00 Monday- Friday. Walk In immunization clinics are held each Tuesday 8:30-11:30 and 1:00-4:30. All other services are by appointment.
Our services include Car Seat Checks, Child Care Licensing, Child Health, Chronic Disease Risk Reduction, Community Health Screenings & Education, Disease Investigation, Emergency Preparedness, Healthy Start Home Visits, Immunizations, Allergy or Hormone Injections with doctor’s orders, Maternal & Infant program, Teen Pregnancy program, and Women’s Health.
We encourage you to look at the other health department pages for additional information about all of these programs which can be found in the tabs on the right. Links to additional resources can also be found on program specific pages. For current information on what we are doing you can find us on Facebook.
We accept the following insurances: Blue Cross & Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Kansas State insurances, and Medicare
We accept Discover, VISA, American Express, and MasterCard with a 2.5% service charge:
All services are confidential. We take the greatest of care to preserve the privacy of each patient. For more information you may review the Health Department’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
Thank you for visiting our site!
Administrator: Carolyn Muller, RN
Mission: The Mission of the Montgomery County Health Department is to prevent disease and prolong life through organized community effort and cooperation among health care providers, business and industry, schools, civic and professional organizations. There will be an emphasis on control of communicable diseases, personal hygiene, early diagnosis and preventative treatment of diseases, and sanitation of the environment.